A moat is a defensive strategy to protect a castle from attack. A moat is a deep ditch surrounding a castle that is filled with water. A moat puts an obstacle in the path of the enemy and makes it harder for them to get to the treasure that is within the walls of the castle.
Your business is your castle.
You can use local digital marketing to build a moat around your business in order to protect it from attack.
Your competitors are definitely looking for ways to attack your business and take your treasure!
They are definitely not going to call you and let you know what they are doing to market their business online.
They are just going to take all the leads from the market and sell their services without you even knowing.
Don’t let this happen. Start building your moat today!
By implementing local digital marketing strategies, you are fortifying your position in your market and gaining a competitive advantage.
When someone is looking for a product or service in your market, you want to be the obvious choice rather than your competition.
This is accomplished by building a local digital marketing moat. This course will help you build your moat.
The deeper and wider you build your moat, the harder it will be for your competitors to attack your castle.
You have to be willing to invest time, money, and consistent effort to build a moat that is practically impossible for your competitors to overtake.
If you invest heavily in your local digital marketing moat, you will reap great dividends.
You reap what you sow.
Here are some ways that you can build a local digital marketing moat.
- Understand what it takes to get 5-star reviews and provide the best service in your market.
- Train your team regularly on how to provide a level of service that gets 5-star reviews.
- Keep your team accountable to provide this level of 5-star service.
- Be the friendliest, most reliable, responsive company in your market.
- Communicate extremely well with your customers through digital channels.
- Have a system that consistently gets you 5-star reviews.
- Respond personally to every review on every review site.
- Have the most 5-star reviews in your market on a variety of review sites, like Google My Business, Yelp, Facebook, and Better Business Bureau.
- Consistently get video reviews from your customers.
- Consistently market your 5-star reviews on your website and on your social media profiles.
- Be ranked at the top of Google Maps with the most reviews.
- Have the highest quality and best photos in Google Maps.
- Be ranked at the top of Google Organic for terms that people are using to find your type of business.
- Have a national presence for keywords in your niche. This drives authority and helps your local ranking.
- Send out a regular email newsletter to stay top of mind when your customers need you again.
- Have a digital booking system that makes it easy for your customers to schedule appointments with you at any time of the day.
- Use Google Ads to get leads.
- Use Facebook Ads to reach your market.
- Use YouTube Ads to reach your market.
- Have a regular sweepstake or giveaway to capture people in your market and build your email list and social media followers.
- Consistently post to your social media accounts.
- Have a well-trained sales team to reach out and share new services with your customers and prospects.
- Have great marketing materials that your sales team can share.
- Make sure your website has high-quality, well-written service pages that explain your services.
- Have a super high-quality business video for your business that you share on your home page.
- Have high-quality business videos that describe each service and add these to your service pages.
- Use keyword research in order to make sure that you include the keywords that people are using to find your services on your website, so they get picked up by the search engines.
- Consistently build powerful links to your website, so you rank for your main keywords.
- Make sure that your business name, address, and phone number is the same on all the business directories online.
- Make sure that each business directory has a unique business description so they get indexed by Google.
There are so many more ways that you can build your local digital marketing moat.
It is crucial to not get overwhelmed though. Just start taking consistent daily, weekly, monthly, and annual action to build your moat.
Realize that it is essential to build your moat and know that your enemies are seeking to attack your business!
I will do my best to help you build your moat through training and providing a community of other business owners that can keep you accountable and encourage you along the way to success.