When people are looking for a company to call they typically check out online reviews first.
They are looking for the most reputable company in your market, that can provide them with a 5-star experience.
They measure the reputation of companies in your market by looking at the number of reviews, the average review rating, how recent the reviews are, and how the company responds to reviews.
In order to build the best reputation in your market, it is necessary to first perform a reputation analysis of your competition.
This action plan will show you how to analyze the reputation of your competition.
- Open our Reputation Analysis of Competition spreadsheet and make a copy into your Google Drive account.
- Find your competitors in your market by searching your “main business service + city” in Google Maps.
- Add the names of your competitors and their website link to your spreadsheet.
- Add the number of Google My Business (GMB) reviews, average review rating, most recent review, are they responding to reviews.
- Look at their website and see if they have reviews on their website and whether or not they have video reviews from the customers.
- Open Yelp.com and search for your business type + city in the search engine.
- If you see a new company that is not on your list add it to the spreadsheet.
- To analyze the reputation of companies that you found in your Google Maps search, you can just copy the name of their company and paste it into the Yelp search at the top of the page.
- For each business add the business website, # of reviews, the average review rating, the date of the most recent reviews, and whether or not the business is responding to their reviews.
- Every month create a copy of this spreadsheet, change the title of the document to include the new month, and go analyze the reputation of your competition. You will be able to see where you stand in the market place and what you need to do to be the #1 most reputable company in your city for the services you offer.
Now that you have this data, you what it will take to be the most reputable business in your market.