WHAT IS THE GOAL?
The goal of this gig is to:
- Secure your website for your visitors.
- Protect your site and website visitors from hackers.
- Provide a ranking signal to Google.
- Help you increase website conversions.
- Improve branding by showing your business name in the address bar.
We will set up an Extended Validation SSL certificate for your website, optimize your website security, add a dynamic Smart Seal on your website, and monitor your SSL certificate daily to make sure that your site is completely secure.
Here is what the dynamic Smart Seal looks like. Your business name will be on the seal, with the current date and time. Plus, your visitors will be able to verify that you are a legit business. This seal will help you increase conversions on your website.
Your business name show where it says “GeoTrust, Inc.” and the current date will show up at the bottom. This is a dynamic graphic where the date changes with each day. When the visitor clicks it they will get a pop-up that verifies your business. This provides a huge amount of social proof.
WHY IS THIS GIG IMPORTANT?
When someone visits your website and fills out a form, that information goes through the Internet from their web browser (Chrome or Firefox) back to the web server.
Hackers can get access to this data as it moves through the Internet and can use it for evil purposes.
Google knows this and is now strongly encouraging website owners to make sure that their websites are safe. They are strongly encouraging websites to use SSL on their sites.
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layering. What does this mean?
Basically the information that is sent from the visitors website browser to the web server is encrypted. Encryption essentially scrambles the information as it moves across the web so hackers can’t read it.
Here is what Google says about website security:
At Google, user security has always been a top priority. Over the years, we’ve worked hard to promote a more secure web and to provide a better browsing experience for users. Gmail, Google search, and YouTube have had secure connections for some time, and we also started giving a slight ranking boost to HTTPS URLs in search results last year. Source
When you do not have website security installed on your site, Chrome will show that the website is not secure.
This is a major turn off for website visitors and will cause you to lose leads and sales.
If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your website then you are going to get less leads.
Your website visitors will instantly lose trust in your business and will click the back button. OUCH.
If you have a form on your website and don’t have an SSL security certificate, this is what your website visitors will see on Chrome.
When people see this pop up in their browser when they are filling out a form they will get scarred and you will lose the lead.
Keep in mind, nobody is going to call you and let you know that they didn’t fill out your form, they are just going to go find another business to call.
WHAT IS AN EXTENDED VALIDATION SSL CERTIFICATE?
There are different types of SSL. An Extended Validation SSL is the highest level of SSL that you can get for your website.
An EV SSL Certificate shows Google that you are a real company because you will need to go through a validation process. Essentially you will need to show the security company that you are a real business.
Plus you will get the major benefit of your company name showing up in the website address bar. This is incredibly valuable for branding.
If you look at Apple.com in your Chrome web browser you will see the brand name in the address bar.
CAN THIS HELP WITH SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION?
Absolutely! When you have an Extended Validation SSL Google knows that you are a real business that took the time to verify your business. Google loves ranking trusted brands.
Plus this also shows your visitors that you are legit and they will have a greater trust in your website.
When your visitors hang out on your website this shows Google that you are good website and are more likely show show your business higher up in the search results.
Google also gives sites that have SSL a ranking boost, because they favor secure websites.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THIS GIG?
- We will provide you with an EV SSL Certificate.
- We will walk you through the EV SSL verification process.
- We will install the EV SSL Certificate on your website.
- We will ensure that your website doesn’t show mixed content and breaks your EV SSL Certificate.
- We will provide support for your EV SSL Certificate.
- We will verify each day that your EV SSL Certificate is working properly?
- We will install a dynamic SSL Security Seal on your website. This builds trust with your website visitors.
- We will provide you with support if you have any issues with your EV SSL Certificate.
- We will monitor your website for SSL errors on your site daily.
- We will notify you if we notice any pages that are not secure and repair any security issues.
- We will handle your EV SSL renewals for you.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED FROM ME?
- We will need you to go through the verification process to prove that you are a real business.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS GIG COST?
Request a quote and find out.